2.03.2009

February Pretty In Pink Spotlight


Most of us want to be healthy and are just not sure where to start or what to believe. Each one of us is so different and what works for me does not always work for you. It really is an individual journey. It is important to listen to our bodies and it is the top priority for me, as your integrative health counselor, to listen to you.


My father raised the most beautiful vegetables in his garden and the opportunity to eat fresh out of the garden was a delicious experience. While teaching for over 20 years, I realized that children performed better in the classroom when allowed to drink water and eat healthy snacks. My own experience with growing vegetables in my back yard garden provided the basis for home-made baby food for my three children.

Today there are many food choices available. What to eat can be a complicated decision. Does our body need food or nutrients? My passion is to enhance lives by providing information and supporting you in making better choices.

I earned a MScED from Indiana University in Elementary Education. I studied beyond the formal degree program in many different ways to support students, parents, and families outside the academic environment. I graduated with honors from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, which is the only nutrition school integrating all the different dietary theories—combining the knowledge of traditional philosophies with modern concepts like the USDA food pyramid, the glycemic index, the Zone and raw foods. I received additional certification from Columbia University Teachers College as a Certified Health Counselor and am a member of the board certified American Association of Drugless Practitioners.

Norma Richardson
MScED, CHC, AADP
Health Counselor
The Body Knows Best
"Live in harmony with YOUR nature."

No comments: