1.19.2010

Create Your Perfect Day... Week... Month

Have you ever thought about what a perfect day would look like? I mean seriously, you might be surprised at what you come up with. I was. At first I caught myself day dreaming and imagining aspects of a somewhat material life, but when I thought about a typical day and what would put a smile on my face each and every day I was surprised.

The truth is a perfect day is likely for most people very simple and quaint. A perfect day encompasses not just work time, but play time and of course me time too! It is a day that makes you feel whole; and nourishes your physical, emotional and intellectual well being.

To get started creating your perfect day, think about what is really important to you. What matters the most and use this list to guide you as you map out what your perfect day would look like.

Here is an example of my perfect day.

6:00 -6:15 Wake-up - I'm Alive

6:15-7:00 Enjoy Yummy Delicious Coffee/Get Kids Ready

7:00 -7:30 Drop the Monkeys Off at School

7:30 -9:00 Work-out/ Get Clean & Beautified / Have Breakfast

9:00 -10:00 Power Hour - Answer Emails, Return Phone Calls, Update Website

10:00 -10:45 Client

11:00 -11:45 Client

12:00 -12:30 Lunch/ Errands / Read-Education

12:30 -1:00 Marketing - Write Articles, Post, Update, Newsletter Etc

1:00 - 1:45 Client

2:00 - 2:45 Client

3:00 - 3:30 Pick-up kids

3:30 - 4:00 Answer Email / Return Phone Calls / Prepare for next day

4:00 - 7:00 Open Time / Family Time / Dinner Time

7:00 - 8:30 Biz Development Activities

8:30 - 9:30 Downtime / Me Time

9:30 Night Night


My day doesn't always happen in this order, but I try to make sure that I follow this as best I can and most importantly implement the things that are most important on a daily basis.

The joy you will get by creating your Perfect Day is amazing. Just simply laying it out has an impact on your well being, because often we haven't even recognized what are perfect day is and/or maybe we are already living it and not truly being grateful for it.

Lets take this perfect day to the next level. How do we create our perfect week and perfect month? It is simple you take the basis of your perfect day and expand it into your week and month.

Lets talk business. One of the best things you can do is get clear on what it takes to run your business. Write down everything you need to do to make your business operate. Now plug these task items into your week and or month depending on how often you need to do them or better yet get rid of the ones that are not a good use of your time and hire a VA or intern.

A couple of things to think about:

  • Group meetings, phone calls and/or like items together to make the best use of your time.
    Make sure to include dedicated time that you are going to work on your business and not in your business, this is your business development time.

  • Figure out how much money you want to make and work it backwards. How many hours do you have to work to meet that goal and then plug it into your day/week/month.

  • Decide what your "Me Time" is. Make yourself plug this in! It is too easy to skip past the "me time" like it is some task that you will do later and this is vital to both the success of your business and your sanity. Trust me!

  • Plug some fun time into your weekends! I love to hike, so I know that twice a month I grab the family and head out to hike the trails of AZ.

Just by taking the time to think about what is most important to you and then creating your day, week and month around this makes a huge impact on your life and your business. It rejuvenates you, pushes you forward, makes it easy to pop out of bed in the morning to take action and creates inner peace.

One of my favorite sayings when I was a very young lady and still is; Always Take Time to Stop and Smell the Flowers.

No comments: