9.28.2009

Pretty In Pink Spotlight - Jami Amidon


Pretty In Pink - Jami Amidon

Business: IntelligentSkin

Website: yourintelligentskin.com

Snapshot of your business? One side of our business offers professional skin care and body treatments by licensed professionals. The other side offers in home skin care and make-up educational seminars by skin care consultants who represent pure, safe, and beneficial skin care products.
What inspired you start your business? I was in a corporate position making six figures, but was completely stressed out and unfulfilled. The business found me and I fell in love with the people, products, and compensation plan.

How long have you been in business? November 06. Recently incorporated under Intelligent Skin LLC.

What is a typical work day? Work from home office with women across the country, but locally the girls are all over town in salons and medical offices. Consultants work from their homes too. I really work on completing my daily intentions written down from the night before, or I am all over the place. I have my day broken down into segments. Only certain amounts of time for the different parts of my life and each day has a separate folder 1-31 with the task ready for me to work on that day. I am not perfect at this, but it is becoming habit for me like a budget. Yucky, but stress relieving.
What is your proudest moment in business? Every time I see someone become successful and reach their goal.

What is your current business challenge? Up and down volume
What motivates or inspires you to keep going? My belief in what I am doing and my personal goals. I am unemployable. I never want a job with someone telling me what to do or how much I can make.

What is your favorite motivational quote? Today it is. “Be more, so you can have more, so you can do more for others.” Rita Davenport

Family? Blended, 1 married stepson with 2 children, 1 married daughter with 2 girls, 2 boys in college, 1 son in highschool. I am NOT old!

How do you balance running a business, family and “me time”? Book it baby.

What is your favorite “me time” activity? Shopping!!! all over the country, mostly artist shows. I really want to go to the one in Ada, MI.

What is your best piece of advice for other Always Busy Women in Business? If you do what you love you will never work another day in your life. Find and create yourself within your business. You will have a blast and the hard days will be less hard. You decided your worth, not anyone else.

Do you have a favorite business tool and/or resource? Go To Meeting cuts down the travel time for me and allows me to have meetings all over the country. I also read a lot of great business books.

What is next for your business? Growing 2 new teams by end of November 09.

Special Offer? Offer code:ABW25 25% off any professional service in Tucson. $50 in skin care products plus additional discounts for hosting a skin care education seminar or make up training with 4 guests in attendance. Schedule online at http://www.yourintelligentskin.com/



Are you a Girlfriend in business? Would you like to be featured and show off your product or service. Contact us at empower@girlfriendsbizalliance.com.

No comments: